Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and adjustable to what you have on hand. Grill or skillet.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice or 3 fresh limes, squeezed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 ounce rum, any kind you have on hand is fine
- salt and pepper
- 1 fresh lime, quartered
- In a ziplock bag place peeled and deveined shrimp and all other ingredients except the last lime. Zip it up and mix around, let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Thread onto skewers.
- Cook over low heat turning once after a few minutes until shrimp are done. They will cook fairly fast.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately with a quarter of the fresh lime to squeeze over them.
These shrimp are absolutely incredible. Even though the marinade time is short, the flavors really come through quite well in the cooked shrimp. I used key lime juice and thought it worked particularly well with the other ingredients. The shrimp went great with some grilled asparagus. Thanks for the awesome recipe!