Recipe by Sherrybeth
My aunt gave me this recipe and I never thought I would try it because I'm not much of a grape eater. We needed something special for a function and I found this recipe. It got rave reviews, so I'm passing it along.
- 3 lbs seedless grapes, washed and stemmed
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Cointreau liqueur (or any orange flavored liqueur)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place grapes in a large bowl so you will have plenty of room to stir.
- Sprinkle the confectioner's sugar over the grapes and stir until they are lightly coated.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and Cointreau.
- Stir the liquid mixture into the grapes.
- Stir in the whipped cream and stir: continue to stir the mixture well every thirty minutes for 4 hours (keep the bowl in the refrigerator for the 4 hours and take it out only to stir well).