Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
A blend of dried fruit, spices and wine make this a divinely delicious dish. I found this in a magazine, but have since modified it to my own tastes.
- 240 g boneless skinless chicken
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 -3 diced dates
- 2 -3 diced dried apricots
- cinnamon (to taste)
- Chop the chicken into smallish chunks and place into a bowl with the other ingredients. Cover and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
- Remove chicken and fry until brown and cooked thoroughly. Set aside to drain.
- Remove the vegetables and fruits from the marinade and cook.
- Toss the chicken pieces back into the frying pan and pour the marinade over it all. Leave to simmer gently for approximately 20 mins or until the delicious smell gets too much to bear.
- Served with mashed potatoes, pumpkin, brocolli and corn.