1/6 Photos of Drunken Fig Jam
1 hr 5 mins
Source: Bon Appétit (October 2008) Yield: Makes about six 1/2-pint jars
My Private Note
1/2 pin ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using vegetable peeler, remove peel from lemons (yellow part only) in long strips.
- 2Cut peel into matchstick-size strips (about 3 tablespoons).
- 3Combine lemon peel, figs, sugar, brandy, and 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt in heavy large deep saucepan; let stand at room temperature 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 4Bring fig mixture to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 5Reduce heat to medium; continue to boil until jam thickens and is reduced to 6 cups, stirring frequently and occasionally mashing mixture with potato masher to crush large fig pieces, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Ladle mixture into 6 hot clean 1/2-pint glass canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch space at top of jars.
- 8Remove any air bubbles.
- 9Wipe jar threads and rims with clean damp cloth.
- 10Cover with hot lids; apply screw bands.
- 11Process jars in pot of boiling water 10 minutes.
- 12Cool jars completely.
- 13Store in cool dark place up to 1 year.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Fig Jam
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 827.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 150.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 193.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 182.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g