Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my absolute favorite cranberry sauce recipe. I grew up eating the cranberries out of the can (or should I say avoiding them completely because they're pointless), and then I discovered there's more to cranberries than that jellied version of cranbery sauce. Don't stress about the alcohol because it's only for flavor. You won't really get drunk from this recipe unless you're drinking something while you make it.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in an 8" square pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutesor until the cranberries have softened and become juicy.
- Uncover and stir in the bourbon.
- The alcohol will evaporate leaving the liquor's smoky essence.
- Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.