Recipe by latin creative cook
This a great main dish which I did. It is a little spicy and the whiskey gives it a great taste and makes the meat balls very juicy. (Use your favorite whiskey; my fave, McALBERT, is a Dominican whiskey!)
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 canned chipotle chile (preferred LAMORENA brand in adobo sauce)
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning (preferred GOYA brand)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 cup frying oil
- 3⁄4 cup whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- Iin a large bowl add the ground beef, 3 or more chopped chipotle (add.
- also some of its adobo sauce), oregano, garlic, adobo powder,egg, wheat flour and the whiskey; mix well.
- Make medium size balls by using a ice scream scoop and then rolling with both your palms. While doing this put the oil in a deep frying pan and heat the oil before adding the meat ball. Add as many meat balls as fit in pan. Leave each side for about 5 to 7 minutes or medium brown.
- While the meat ball is cooking start preparing the sauce in a deep pot add the tomato paste, some adobo powder, some adobo sauce from the chipotles, garlic paste, some oregano, a lil bit of whiskey, chopped onions, and thyme.
- Once all the meatballs are done, put them on the side.
- Turn on the heat. Once the sauce starts sizzling stir and then add a cup of water. Add the meatballs and let it boil until the sauce is thick to your preference.
- Serve with white rice or white pasta.