1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These little chickens look so pretty sitting up on your grill. They come out so tender and juicy with just the right flavor. Perfect for entertaining or just a week night supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1clean out the inside and outside of the chicken. remove any odds and end parts stored in the chicken.
- 2open the beer can and dump out or drink half.
- 3sit the chicken on the can so that the can goes straight up the chicken's rump.
- 4the chicken should now sit upright on your grill or on a pan to put in the oven.
- 5rub cajun seasoning all over the chicken inside and out (use any seasoning you like really).
- 6stick the onion or potato in the chicken's neck to seal in the flavor.
- 7now it is ready for the grill. I don't know exact temps for chicken to be done, but it usually takes about 1 1/2 hours on my gas grill on medium. or the same amount of time in the oven at 350. note: I don't cook with charcoal so I don't know about it, but if you do, and want to try it, please post how long it took.
- 8when done, carefullt remove chicken from beer can and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Chicken ( Beer Butt / Beer Can )
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.8
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 151.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 38.0 g