Recipe by jen-r-bug
These little chickens look so pretty sitting up on your grill. They come out so tender and juicy with just the right flavor. Perfect for entertaining or just a week night supper.
Top Review by Scrapbook Lori
This was phenomenal. As with other review, the chicken was so juicy. It only took about an hour on our grill with a 6 lb chicken to cook throughly. We served with roasted vegetables and it was a wonderful summer dish. Thank you so much!
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can beer (full flavor works better than light, but both are good)
- 3 -4 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 small onion (small potato works if you don't like onion)
Directions See How It's Made
- clean out the inside and outside of the chicken. remove any odds and end parts stored in the chicken.
- open the beer can and dump out or drink half.
- sit the chicken on the can so that the can goes straight up the chicken's rump.
- the chicken should now sit upright on your grill or on a pan to put in the oven.
- rub cajun seasoning all over the chicken inside and out (use any seasoning you like really).
- stick the onion or potato in the chicken's neck to seal in the flavor.
- now it is ready for the grill. I don't know exact temps for chicken to be done, but it usually takes about 1 1/2 hours on my gas grill on medium. or the same amount of time in the oven at 350. note: I don't cook with charcoal so I don't know about it, but if you do, and want to try it, please post how long it took.
- when done, carefullt remove chicken from beer can and enjoy.