Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 slices ginger (quarter-sized slices)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups whiskey
- sesame oil
- Put chicken in a medium-size pot, large enough to hold it and have it submerged in the cooking liquids.
- Add chicken broth, ginger, soy sauce, scallions and whiskey and bring it to a simmer.
- Simmer, covered for 45 minutes.
- Then turn off the heat and leave the lid on the pot--do not remove cover.
- Allow chicken to sit for another 30 minutes or so.
- Then remove chicken, rub lightly with sesame oil and serve.
This recipe was made for the Gay and Troy tribute,and I am a few months behind in the review.(Sorry) I really don't know what to say about this recipe.Maybe it was the brand of whiskey I used(Jack Daniels Black Label) I would like to try it again and use white wine in place of the whiskey. Sorry :0(