1/1 Photo of Drunken Bread Pudding With Amaretto Sauce
75 hrs 45 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
A good way to use up day old croissants or other bread. This makes a scrumptious almond-flavored dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 10 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur, divided
- 6 day-old plain croissants, about 3 ounces each, cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces or 12 dinner rolls (2 1/2 inch) or 12 cups bread, about
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter 11x7-inch baking dish.
- 3In bowl whisk eggs and yolks, Whisk in granulated sugar and cinnamon until blended.
- 4Whisk in half and half, raisins and 2 tablespoons Amaretto until combined and sugar has dissolved.
- 5Add bread; stir to coat in egg mixture.
- 6Cover; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Stir and refrigerate 15 minutes more.
- 7Pour bread and egg mixture into baking dish; Pour any remaining egg mixture over bread.
- 8Bake 30 minutes; sprinkle with almonds.
- 9Bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until set. (If top is browning too quickly, tent with foil).
- 11Sauce: In pot melt butter over medium heat.
- 12Add remaining Amaretto; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 13Cook 30 seconds, reduce heat to medium.
- 14Gradually whisk in powdered sugar until dissolved; remove from heat.
- 15Transfer to bowl; cover and cool.
- 16Serve bread pudding with sauce and if desired, whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Bread Pudding With Amaretto Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.4
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 247.9 mg
- Sodium 325.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
almond flavored liqueur