Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very good friends of ours have a blueberry farm and every year we are fortunate to get flats of fresh blueberries. I am always looking for new and exciting recipes for these beauties. This recipe was originally used for ice cream, but my DH got the brilliant idea to use the vodka in Blueberry Martinis. Word of caution, these berries are very, very potent once they have fully matured and end up having a delightful crunch to the berry. Raspberries and blackberries could be substituted for the blueberry. My dear 88 year old MIL used to just love these and just couldn't understand why we had to ration these out for her!!!
- Syrup: Heat vodka and sugar mix until sugar dissolves. (careful not to cook to long or the alchol evaporates).
- Steralize canning jars and lids. Fill hot jars full of blueberries -- then pour sugar-vodka mixture over it to the top. Wipe lid clean, then seal.
- Set sit in fridge for 3 months -- turning jars over every 3 - 4 days.
- Serve over ice cream or use in martinis.
- One recipe equals 2-1/4 quarts jars. Multiply the recipe by 4 and you will get 7 quarts. If kept refrigerated, I have had these last for 4 - 5 years. Works well with raspberries and blackberries.
We are blueberrie crazy at my house. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe! We toasted you with our first batch of blu-tinis!