Recipe by Cookin In Texas
I thought I would share some of my favorites. This is a hand me down recipe.
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast
- 16 ounces pepperoncini peppers, Med or 16 ounces pepperoncini peppers, Mild
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces beer, Your choice
- 12 ounces water
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 12 hoagie rolls
- 12 slices muenster cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If You Follow Each Step Of These Directions This Recipe Will Turn Out To Be delicious.
- Take the can of beer and take one big drink from the can.
- Now pour the rest of the beer into bottom of crock pot.
- Pour ONLY (8 oz) which is half of the jar of juice from pepperoncini's into the crockpot, (If You Use More than the 8 ounces The Beef Becomes To Sweet).
- Place about 6-10 pepperoncini peppers in bottom of the crockpot.
- Trim fat from the roast and place in crock pot on top of peppers, beer and juice.
- Pour the 12 ounces of water over the roast into crockpot.
- Drop in your beef bouillon cubes.
- Cook Italian beef on low 8 to 10 hours. (better if cooked overnight).
- When beef is tender Remove roast from crockpot set aside.
- Remove peppers from crockpot and place the peppers into a bowl and set aside for topping sandwiches later.
- Place roast back into crockpot and pull roast with two forks to shred.
- Cook until 2 hour before ready to eat top shredder roast with green peppers stir gently to submerge peppers in juice.
- To serve place a piece muenster cheese (opt) onto bottom side of open hogie roll ladle shredded beef from crock over the cheese add a little juice and enjoy.