Top Review by Bergy
The beans were tasty but I didn't think the vodka added that much to the flavor, especially for the amount of vodka in the recipe - next time I'll drink the vodka and use a bit o rye with the beans. It was good and I will make it again but change it around a bit - like use 1/4 cup rye instead of vodka. Thanks Dancer Love your recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 lb green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium- high heat.
- Add the onion, 1/2 teaspoon or so of the pepper, and a little salt.
- Saute about 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to high and add 1/4 cup vodka and the vinegar.
- Reduce to a glaze and add more vodka, salt and pepper.
- Repeat with the final 1/4 cup of vodka.
- When the liquid has evaporated, add the green beans and cover with water.
- Add more salt and pepper and let boil over high heat until all the cooking liquid has evaporated and forms a glaze on the vegetables.
- This should take about 35 to 40 minutes.