My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium- high heat.
- 2Add the onion, 1/2 teaspoon or so of the pepper, and a little salt.
- 3Saute about 3 minutes.
- 4Turn heat to high and add 1/4 cup vodka and the vinegar.
- 5Reduce to a glaze and add more vodka, salt and pepper.
- 6Repeat with the final 1/4 cup of vodka.
- 7When the liquid has evaporated, add the green beans and cover with water.
- 8Add more salt and pepper and let boil over high heat until all the cooking liquid has evaporated and forms a glaze on the vegetables.
- 9This should take about 35 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Beans
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.8
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 590.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g