Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium- high heat.
- Add the onion, 1/2 teaspoon or so of the pepper, and a little salt.
- Saute about 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to high and add 1/4 cup vodka and the vinegar.
- Reduce to a glaze and add more vodka, salt and pepper.
- Repeat with the final 1/4 cup of vodka.
- When the liquid has evaporated, add the green beans and cover with water.
- Add more salt and pepper and let boil over high heat until all the cooking liquid has evaporated and forms a glaze on the vegetables.
- This should take about 35 to 40 minutes.