Recipe by Mommy Diva
A nice looking version of canned drunken apples I found on another website.... sub any nice, firm pie apple local to you--freshest is bestest!! LOL ***untried by me as yet-yield is a guess, so please let me know if you try it first!
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix apples with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix in rum.
- Heat over medium heat until apple mixture is juicy and the juice boils.
- Boil for 20" over medium heat.
- Ladle into canning jars when complete and seal.
- Enjoy as desired - should be great warmed over vanilla ice cream, pound cake or angel food with a nice whipped cream, or as a side with bbq ribs or baked ham at the holidays!
- ***Nice gifting idea - make it ahead of time!