Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My boyfried has been on a wine kick lately and somehow got me hooked. Of course I just can't just be happy drinking the stuff so into supper it went! *all ingredients eyeballed but pretty accurate and can be modified according to taste* *Cook time, again, an estimate and depends on the size of your cubes*
- 1 lb beef tenderloin steak, cubed (or whatever you prefer)
- 1 -2 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (750 ml) bottle merlot (we used Yellow Tail because it's cheap but still has good flavor)
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer (used Coors Light)
- 3 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons garlic, minced and divided
- 1 -2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (I use Chef Paul Poultry Magic (optional)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (optional)
- Cube the meats and place in separate containers.
- Add 57 and Worcestershire sauces to steak cubes.
- Add Merlot until steak is covered.
- Add 1-2 T. of garlic (or more).
- Add 1 T. of pepper (or more).
- Cover and place in fridge.
- Pour beer over chicken.
- Add remaining garlic and pepper.
- Add Chef Paul and Italian Seasoning if desired.
- Add just a splash or two of Merlot -- this will look gross but it tastes fantastic, I promise!
- Drink remaining wine -- seriously, who recorks?!
- Chill at least an hour, I did three hours because that was what I had time for.
- Make into kabobs and grill until done, we added green peppers and mushrooms, would be good with onions too but I forgot them.