Recipe by Ozzy
This is a variation to a recipe I found on this site but I have to say this one is much better due to the fact I have an excuse to finish off the wine!!! The cheese oozes out to make the sauce, yumm! I serve this with my Thyme Roast Potatoes and Parsnips and some carrots too. Adjust the quantities to suit yourselves.
Top Review by christina1998
Mine turned out to be a mess. I Followed the instructions except for I did just 2 chicken breasts. When I pulled it out of the oven the bacon wasnt as crispy as we had wanted so I took the chicken and fried it in a pan to crisp up the bacon. When we went to eat I cut into my chicken and it wasnt cooked through- so I had to put it in the microwave for about 3 min. My Wife did like the flavor and wants me to make it again.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 125 g boursin cream cheese with herbs
- 8 slices streaky bacon
- 3 leeks
- 375 ml dry white wine (good quality chardonnay)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a slice into each uncooked chicken breast to make a pocket.
- Stuff each breast with half the cream cheese then wrap with 4 of the rashers of bacon to keep it together.
- Slice up the leeks into fairly large slices and place in a roasting tin.
- Place the breasts in the roasting tin surrounded by the leeks and pour in the white wine until it reaches just under half way up the chicken breasts.
- Cook in a pre heated oven at 200° for 45 minutes BUT keep an eye on the developing cheese sauce as the wine evaporates quite quickly towards the end of cooking so if your sauce looks too thick for your liking add a little more wine to thin it 10 minutes before it should be done.