Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a variation to a recipe I found on this site but I have to say this one is much better due to the fact I have an excuse to finish off the wine!!! The cheese oozes out to make the sauce, yumm! I serve this with my Thyme Roast Potatoes and Parsnips and some carrots too. Adjust the quantities to suit yourselves.
- Cut a slice into each uncooked chicken breast to make a pocket.
- Stuff each breast with half the cream cheese then wrap with 4 of the rashers of bacon to keep it together.
- Slice up the leeks into fairly large slices and place in a roasting tin.
- Place the breasts in the roasting tin surrounded by the leeks and pour in the white wine until it reaches just under half way up the chicken breasts.
- Cook in a pre heated oven at 200° for 45 minutes BUT keep an eye on the developing cheese sauce as the wine evaporates quite quickly towards the end of cooking so if your sauce looks too thick for your liking add a little more wine to thin it 10 minutes before it should be done.
Mine turned out to be a mess. I Followed the instructions except for I did just 2 chicken breasts. When I pulled it out of the oven the bacon wasnt as crispy as we had wanted so I took the chicken and fried it in a pan to crisp up the bacon. When we went to eat I cut into my chicken and it wasnt cooked through- so I had to put it in the microwave for about 3 min. My Wife did like the flavor and wants me to make it again.
Great recipe! Followed instructions to the letter and all went well. Sauce could do with some thickening agent so will try that next time (cornflour will also take away the acidity of a cheap white wine). Very filling so be warned on the portions Leeks really tasted nice
I used only a cup of chardonnay, and for some reason, it didnt evaporate, so i was left with soggy bacon. It tasted good, but crisp bacon would have made it excellent, i really loved the leeks cooked in the wine.