Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Here's a link to this recipe: http://www.grouprecipes.com/668/drunk-cheesecake.html There are tons of great ones there. Original poster had this to say about this recipe: "This is a recipe I made up by combining two other recipes and throwing in a bit of my own ideas. I like to think of it as an "adult" tasting cheesecake."
- 1 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1.5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup ruby port
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 clementine, zest of
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Combine graham wafer crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Stir well and press into a 9” springform pan that has been lined on the bottom with parchment paper and greased.
- Bake in preheated oven until firm.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar and salt, beat just until smooth. Do not over beat the mixture – you don’t want to incorporate too much air in the cheesecake – it increases the chances for the cake to crack and fall.
- Add the egg yolks three at a time beating after each addition.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add the sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla and zest, blend until just smooth, careful not to over beat the mixture.
- Add cornstarch and mix until smooth.
- In a clean stainless bowl whip the egg whites until soft peaks hold.
- Fold egg whites gently but quickly into cheese mixture, making sure no streaks of the egg whites remain. Again do not over mix the mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in middle of oven for 70 minutes or until cake is just firm.
- If it is NOT golden on top at this point, increase oven temperature to 300 degrees F and bake another 10 minutes until cake is golden.
- Turn oven off and open oven door, leaving cake in oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.
- PORT SAUCE:.
- Bring Port, sugar, star anise, cinnamon stick, cloves, and clementine peel to boil in heavy large saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries and simmer mixture until cranberries begin to pop, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to medium bowl; refrigerate until cold.
- Serve cheesecake draped in port sauce.