1/1 Photo of Drunk Berries in Tres Leches Cake
1 hr 8 mins
A twist on a classic Dominican favorite! I adore the original tres leches cakes for it's moistness, but I made this version for Thanksgiving this year, and even my mom - the cake lady - loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup egg white substitute
- 1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Mix berries, Splenda, and Kahlua together in bowl and place in refrigerator for later.
- 2Mix cake ingredients (cake mix, applesauce, egg white, soy milk, vanilla, cinnamon) together with electric mixer or fork at low speed for two minutes or until fully blended.
- 3Place batter in greased 9x14 cake pan and into the oven for 30 minutes at 350.
- 4Cake is done when toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- 5Let cool for 30 minute.
- 6While cake is cooling, mix together the evaporated and condensed milks along with half and half, Kahlua, and cinnamon.
- 7Once cake is cooled, poke hole in it with fork and pour milks over it.
- 8If need be, wait a few minutes between pouring.
- 9Store any left over liquid.
- 10Place cake in refrigerator for an hour, but, can be left in overnight as well.
- 11When ready to serve, take out berries from earlier to pour over the cake and cut into 16 even squares.
- 12May be topped with more milk mixture or sugar free caramel syrup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunk Berries in Tres Leches Cake
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 246.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
egg white substitute
light vanilla soymilk
fat-free sweetened condensed milk