Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A sticky sweet drumstick. Serve with white rice and mixed vegetables. From weight watchers booklet "five & under" The nutrition is off in this recipe because you do not eat all of the marinade. The points value of 4 came from weight watchers. Cal 195, Fat 7g, Fiber 1g.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Mix together soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and ginger in a gallon zip lock bag.
- Add chicken drumsticks, squeeze out air, and seal the bag. Turn chicken to coat and let marinate for 2-24 hours in refridgerator.
- Preheat oven to 400. Line roasting pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Spread sesame seeds on plate.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Discard leftover marinade. Dip each drumstick in the sesame seeds to coat on one side.
- Place seeded-side up in the roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
Quick and delicious! We enjoyed the over rice with a little egg and corn mixed through.
Fast, delicious, easy on the waistline, and cheap--what's not to love? These were truly yummy drumsticks! After I removed the skin I scored the meat to let the marinade seep in a bit, which made it even more moist. Also, I couldn't help but throw in a tiny bit of garlic with the marinade--it just seemed to beg for it. I completely forgot about the sesame seeds, though--Doh! Next time, I guess. There will definitely be a next time! Thanks for posting.