Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 teaspoon methi seeds (fenugreek)
- 3 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 20 dry chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons pickle powder (any brand)
- 100 g tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 15 vegetable drumsticks
- 3 whole garlic
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons gingelly oil
- Cut the drumsticks in medium pieces.
- Steam them in idle plates for 5 minutes.
- Peel garlic and leave it whole (dont cut/chop).
- Grind methi, mustard, dry chilli and tamarind to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic, pickle powder, ground paste, salt and steamed drumsticks.
- Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Cool it, add vinegar and gingley oil.
- Mix well.
- Soak for 3 days.