Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My DH's aunt made this for a family supper and i just had to get the recipe. It is sooooo yummy if you like the drumstick ice creams you can buy you are guaranteed to love this. It's fairly rich so small pieces are best to serve.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 2 (170 g) packages Dream Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- chocolate fudge topping, as desired
- Mix base ingredients together, reserving 1/4 c for topping. Press remaining amount in a 9" x 13" pan.
- Cream sugar, peanut butter and cream cheese together.
- Fold in whipped topping (mixed according to package directions).
- Pour over base.
- Swirl chocolate sundae topping over it with a knife.
- Sprinkle remaining base crumbs on top.
- Freeze till set, serve frozen.
- You can use a large container of Cool Whip instead of the Dream Whip. I didn't list it in the ingredients because I couldn't remember offhand how many grams or whatever the tub is.
- Also the time is a guess for prep.
- Because I really have never timed it.
- The cook time is however long you leave it in the freezer.
I made for a choir fellowship and had just one small serving left to take home to my son. Easy and delicious, though it tastes like you fussed.
I served this at our monthly Bunco club last night and everyone asked for the recipe. I used 1 1/2 small tubs of generic whipped topping (didn't have a large tub) It was so simple to make. I made it 2 days before the party and just grabbed it out of the freezer when it was time for dessert. I will definitely make this dessert again.