Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Do you remember when the local drug store had an ice cream counter and soda fountain? Usually with one of the neighborhood teenagers as the "soda jerk." Here's a simple, little retro-recipe that I hope brings back some fond memories!!!! This serves 1 happy person:), so be prepared to make more.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop chocolate ice cream
- 1 scoop strawberry ice cream
- 59.16 ml strawberry jam (or other flavor)
- 29.58-44.37 ml chocolate syrup
- 29.58 ml chopped walnuts (or almonds or pecans)
- whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Split the peeled banana in half lengthwise and put in a banana split dish or individual dessert bowl.
- Place the ice cream scoops in a row between the banana halves.
- With a spoon, dribble the jam over the ice cream. Top with the chocolate sauce.
- Spoon the whipped cream all over. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts and top with a cherry.
Mmmmm. Thanks for a great memory.....my dad would make these for us as kids....I think because he knew he would have to help us finish them. Thanks again...it's just the way he would make them!