I developed this recipe for my wife: a Labor and Delivery Nurse. She is on her feet for 12 hours a day and must eat on the "fly". This recipe sustains her energy level with healthy soy bean curd and veggies! (I make this at 5 A.M with extreme LOVE!)
- 3 -4 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup carrot (julienne cut)
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage (cut into small squares)
- 3 -4 stalks celery (1/2 inch pieces)
- 10 pieces whole okra
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans mushrooms or 16 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pickled whole baby corn (Chinese style)
- 1 (19 ounce) box firm tofu (4 pieces)
- 2 -3 tablespoons hot spiced white vinegar (Sukang Maasim, available at Chinese and Filipino food stores)
- Stir-Fry Tofu (to remove excess water, do not brown) set aside.
- Stir-Fry Garlic, Celery, Carrots and Okra, then .
- Add Cabbage, Mushrooms, and Baby Corn (halved).
- Return Tofu and mix.
- Add Hot Vinegar to taste.
Made this for a vegetarian friend who loves it spicy. As I had no hot spiced white vinegar, I used some hot thai sauce I had. My friend was absolutely delighted - and even my tofu-hating DH ate some of this and was positively astonished at how good tofu can be... Thanks for posting this!