1/1 Photo of Drstevers Filipino Stir-Fry
dr stever's Note:
I developed this recipe for my wife: a Labor and Delivery Nurse. She is on her feet for 12 hours a day and must eat on the "fly". This recipe sustains her energy level with healthy soy bean curd and veggies! (I make this at 5 A.M with extreme LOVE!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup carrot (julienne cut)
- 1/2 head green cabbage (cut into small squares)
- 3 -4 stalks celery (1/2 inch pieces)
- 10 pieces whole okra
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans mushrooms or 16 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pickled whole baby corn (Chinese style)
- 1 (19 ounce) box firm tofu (4 pieces)
- 2 -3 tablespoons hot spiced white vinegar (Sukang Maasim, available at Chinese and Filipino food stores)
- 1Stir-Fry Tofu (to remove excess water, do not brown) set aside.
- 2Stir-Fry Garlic, Celery, Carrots and Okra, then .
- 3Add Cabbage, Mushrooms, and Baby Corn (halved).
- 4Return Tofu and mix.
- 5Add Hot Vinegar to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drstevers Filipino Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.9
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 87.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled whole baby corn
hot spiced white vinegar