Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A little bit of pepper here adds zip. I'm sure you can imagine how good these are with a glass of cold milk or a dish of icecream.
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine the chocolates with the butter in a small saucepan and melt over medium low heat.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and stir into the mixture, then stir in the nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.