Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an old recipe and posted in request. They make a lot of cookies and they are really good. I leave out the cardamom or nutmeg. I like mine all sugar.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom or 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- candy sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and cardamom or nutmeg and set aside.
- In a bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Drop by level tablespoon onto 2 lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- These cookies freeze well in an airtight container.
I found the cookie a little to biscuit like for my taste and not really sweet. So, on my second batch I increased the sugar to 2 cups and they turned out like I thought sugar cookies should taste. Excellent recipe. Thank you for posting it.
Delicious cookies! I made this recipe this afternoon and halved it. Wish I had made the entire recipe because I doubt they will last the day. DH is a real cookie fan and he says they are terrific - just the kind of cookie he likes. I made them without the spices because we like the taste of sugar cookies. This recipe is very simple to make - pressed some and left some as drop cookies and as leeannr said, both excellent. Happy to have this great cookie recipe. Thank you for sharing it with us jb.
These are delicious jb! They're like a cross between a butter and a sugar cookie. My kids loved them too, of course. I did some pressed with a fork, and some not. They were equally good. A very easy recipe with very tasty results--thanks for posting jb! :)