Recipe by ~jb4~
This is an old recipe and posted in request. They make a lot of cookies and they are really good. I leave out the cardamom or nutmeg. I like mine all sugar.
Top Review by Dianne Clewien
I found the cookie a little to biscuit like for my taste and not really sweet. So, on my second batch I increased the sugar to 2 cups and they turned out like I thought sugar cookies should taste. Excellent recipe. Thank you for posting it.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom or 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and cardamom or nutmeg and set aside.
- In a bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Drop by level tablespoon onto 2 lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- These cookies freeze well in an airtight container.