There is nothing I like better than to walking into a room where there are fresh cookies baking. The sweet aroma filling the room...mmmm makes my mouth water. I haven't made this one yet but I found it tucked away in an old cook book.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift dry ingredients, all except sugar, together.
- Cream margarine, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients until smooth.
- Blend in milk.
- Drop by tablespoon about 3 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Very good cookies! I did think there was too much salt in them though, so I would reduce the salt down to 1/2 tsp. or maybe even a bit less. Also, I didn't use the Crisco, but all butter. YUMMY!
This is a great Recipe! I added a teaspoon of almond extract. Adding food coloring is a good touch to make them more festive. I used red for a batch and green for another.
Really tasty! However, mine did not come out like the others; they looked more like halved muffins and were more cake-like than flat, chewy, and crispy cookies. Regardless, we still enjoyed them with our tea :]