Recipe by Kaccy G.
There is nothing I like better than to walking into a room where there are fresh cookies baking. The sweet aroma filling the room...mmmm makes my mouth water. I haven't made this one yet but I found it tucked away in an old cook book.
Top Review by sillyelmo
Very good cookies! I did think there was too much salt in them though, so I would reduce the salt down to 1/2 tsp. or maybe even a bit less. Also, I didn't use the Crisco, but all butter. YUMMY!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift dry ingredients, all except sugar, together.
- Cream margarine, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients until smooth.
- Blend in milk.
- Drop by tablespoon about 3 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.