Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies stay puffy and soft even days after you make them.
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 cup sugar or 1⁄8 cup colored crystal sugar
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together oil, sugar and vanilla until crumbly. Beat in egg.
- Gradually add in flour, salt, baking soda, and milk. Beat until well-mixed.
- Drop by Tbsp on to lightly greased cookie sheets 2" apart.
- Slightly flatten each with a flat-bottom glass dipped in sugar (or colored sugar).
- Bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes or until edges barely begin to brown.
Quick & easy recipe. :) I make these using melted coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. I have even made these with freshly ground soft white wheat berries & the cookies were still soft & moist. I like the fact that this doesn't make a huge batch - using a size 40 scoop, I get 2 dozen cookies of equal size. Thanks for sharing!
I always look for new reciepts. Keep looking.The dough was too stiff, the cookie was tasteless and I'llnot make them again.
I just made these because I needed a recipe that didn't use solid fat. (was out. :-( ) The texture on these is fantastic! I found the temp and time perfect. I rolled mine in cinnamon sugar before baking. I did find the taste a little bit flat and was very glad I rolled them in something. I will definitely make again but will take the advise of another reviewer and add additional vanilla as well as replacing some of the oil with butter.