Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice, simple and different. Use any combination of vegetables you like, and adjust the ingredients to taste.
- 200 g broccoli
- 100 g capsicums or 100 g sweet peppers
- 3⁄4 cup chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water (approx)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Chop the sweet pepper to inch-thick pieces. Set aside.
- Chop the broccoli to similar size pieces. Set aside.
- In a wok or large saucepan, heat the oil and salt on high.
- When the salt starts sizzling, add the broccoli and water. Stir-fry for 5-6 min.Meanwhile, mix the corn starch with the water to soy sauce and water slowly, to avoid lumps. Stir in the sugar. Set aside.
- Add the sweet pepper. Stir-fry for a further 4-5 minute.
- Add the coriander and the hoisin sauce and stir to evenly coat.
- Crack the eggs over the mixture, stirring immediately to avoid the eggs setting.
- When the eggs are cooked (no longer liquidy), turn the heat off but don't remove the pan from the heat. Quickly stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- Serve hot with rice, as a side dish or as a vegetarian main meal.