Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love doughnuts, especially this one I got in high school. So I wanted to share with you.
Make and share this Drop Doughnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil (2-3") in Dutch oven to 375°F
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and baking soda.
- in large bowl. Add oil, buttermilk and egg; beat with fork until smooth.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls (do not make too large or they will not cook through) into hot oil.
- Fry about 3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides; drain on paper towels.
- Immediately roll in sugar.
Great little donuts!! Similar to the ones we always buy at Pier 39 in San Francisco, Ca. Thanks for this recipe, I will cook it much more times to share with family and friends!! They have to be very little to cook through.
I love dunking my doughnuts and this recipe is the right texture for donuts in my opinion. We loved them and since these are easy to make we will have them more often now that I have this delicious recipe! I rolled some in cinnamon and sugar and some in plain sugar. Both are GREAT!