Recipe by Chef JTwombly
These were the homemade version of timbits in my house while I was growing up. Best eaten the night made, but just as wonderful the day after.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- additional oil (for frying)
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix together wet ingredients and incorporate into dry. Stir until smooth.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls(no bigger) into hot oil (365 degrees, no hotter), turning after a few moments until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove and drain.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar while still warm and serve.