Recipe by tomsawyer
This is a really sweet donut recipe that makes plenty, if you're not a sweet person, reduce the milk and sugar.
Top Review by timhammond
I thought these were quite good. Mine turned out like cake donuts. I think the batter ended up thicker than what it should have been but I'm not really sure. I also would have appreciated some indication of how hot to get the oil. I burnt the first few on one side. They cooked pretty fast.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, sugar and egg yolks.
- Add milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon into hot cooking oil.
- Turn as browning.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with granulated or powdered sugar when almost cooled.