Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Seriously, folks. This is the BEST pasta recipe ever. You. will. love. it. I got it from my favorite internet chef. I'd post her info, but I don't want to share. :)
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken (shredded and free of bones and skin)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts (drained and quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup basil
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Boil pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook until softened.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. Stir until heated all the way through.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Let this simmer for five minutes.
- Pour over cooked al dente pasta.
It sounds like Rookie Cookie's recipe.
Really Good! I would not substitute any other type of chicken or artichokes that are not marinated. I think the measurements on the spices are unclear. I added a T of basil and parsley. I bumped up the garlic to my liking. The cream only makes the chicken combination moist. There is no sauce. I used half cream and half milk. My DH said this was awesome and my son said make this again.
4 1/2 Stars for me rounded up to 5. Very good recipe and is of "restaurant quality". I made exactly as posted. Next time I will kick up the garlic to 6 cloves and add a little bit of salt.