Chef #1802823163's Note:
Low calorie and lower fat drop biscuits made with Greek yogurt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (you can also use a gluten-free flour blend, whole wheat flour, or even oat flour alone works awsome)
- 3/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter (cut into marble sized pieces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons double-acting baking powder
- 1Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Mix all dry ingredients and sift them together in a large bowl.
- 2Cut in cold butter with your hands, a pastry cutter, two knives or you can use your food processor. Should resemble pea sized bread crumbs.
- 3Add milk and Greek yogurt. Mix until just combined.
- 4Depending on how big you want your biscuits, Drop biscuits into greased muffin tin. Bake 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Spread with jelly, drizzle with honey, slather with butter or dip them in a rustic pan gravy. Mmmm Yum!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drop Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 972.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g