Prep 8 mins
Cook 16 mins
Low calorie and lower fat drop biscuits made with Greek yogurt.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (you can also use a gluten-free flour blend, whole wheat flour, or even oat flour alone works awsome)
- 3⁄4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold unsalted butter (cut into marble sized pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons double-acting baking powder
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Mix all dry ingredients and sift them together in a large bowl.
- Cut in cold butter with your hands, a pastry cutter, two knives or you can use your food processor. Should resemble pea sized bread crumbs.
- Add milk and Greek yogurt. Mix until just combined.
- Depending on how big you want your biscuits, Drop biscuits into greased muffin tin. Bake 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread with jelly, drizzle with honey, slather with butter or dip them in a rustic pan gravy. Mmmm Yum!