Nice light biscuits, very good with chicken or any stew. From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Drop Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- The dough for these biscuits is dropped into muffin tins instead of onto a baking sheet, but their final shape is still like that of traditional drop biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl, cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk, stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter in 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan immediately, place on a wire rack.
- Store any leftover biscuits in a zip loc plastic bag.
- To reheat in oven, wrap in foil.
Quick and easy. Great for those cold mornings be- fore work,or for chicken and dumplings.
Thanks for this recipe! My family requested biscuits with dinner and I had nothing. Found your recipe and whipped it up very quickly at the last minute using fresh whole milk from the dairy farm. They turned out great and my family loved them. :) We added extra butter to them as we ate them with dinner. Will make them again!!!!
These are wonderful biscuits. I just put mine on a baking sheet instead of using the muffin tin. Quick and simple to make.