1/2 Photos of Drop Biscuits
Nice light biscuits, very good with chicken or any stew. From Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The dough for these biscuits is dropped into muffin tins instead of onto a baking sheet, but their final shape is still like that of traditional drop biscuits.
- 2Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 3Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl, cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 5Add milk, stir just until moist.
- 6Spoon batter in 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- 7Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden.
- 8Remove from pan immediately, place on a wire rack.
- 9Store any leftover biscuits in a zip loc plastic bag.
- 10To reheat in oven, wrap in foil.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drop Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.0
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 137.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g