Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the New Settlement Cookbook. These are so easy and yummy. Don't overwork the dough or the biscuits get tough. Also make sure they are thick enough. That's what makes them fluffy and soft.
- 2 cups white flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons shortening or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Blend the shortening into the flour using fingers or a tool for cutting in butter.
- When uniform crumbly consistency, make a well in the center. Pour all the milk in at once and then stir just until blended. Don’t stir any longer or the biscuits will be tough.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet or into greased muffin tins.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 450 degrees.
Yep a true tried and true recipe that turned out great and tasted just like the biscuits I grew up eating.
Super easy biscuit recipe. Great with soup or spread with jam and butter.
what i grew up on this is a good basic recipe make these cakepops on parade hope your having fun lol dee