Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the back of the Dromedary date package.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped (Dromedary brand preferred)
- 1 cup coconut, shredded (or 1/2 cup chopped nuts)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 13 x 9 cake pan very well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the dates and coconut or nuts.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until foamy and gradually add the brown sugar.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Spread batter in prepared pan to a depth of about 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- When done, cut into 4" x 1" bars.
- Remove from pan while still warm.