Recipe by diner524
This wonderful chewy oat cookie is enhanced by a tracing of chocolate. Found in my Land O Lakes cookbook.
Top Review by SweetsLady
YUM! These were scrumptious! Thought is was odd that there were no eggs in them, but it didn't affect the recipe at all. They were so chewy and delish! Good thing I only made 1/2 a batch as I would have been eating way more! LOL! :) Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked (or quick-cooking oats)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine brown sugar and 1 cup butter in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add water; continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten to 2-inch diameter with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely.
- Combine all drizzle ingredients except milk in small mixer bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often and gradually adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistancy.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.