Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This wonderful chewy oat cookie is enhanced by a tracing of chocolate. Found in my Land O Lakes cookbook.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked (or quick-cooking oats)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine brown sugar and 1 cup butter in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add water; continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten to 2-inch diameter with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely.
- Combine all drizzle ingredients except milk in small mixer bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often and gradually adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistancy.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.
YUM! These were scrumptious! Thought is was odd that there were no eggs in them, but it didn't affect the recipe at all. They were so chewy and delish! Good thing I only made 1/2 a batch as I would have been eating way more! LOL! :) Thanks for sharing!
Diner these are the best oatmeal cookies ever. I got calls from my family and friends raving about these delicious cookies. Kudos to you my friend. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe. They were quick and easy to make with terrific results. The chocolate drizzle completely takes these babies over the edge. They are crisp, yet tender and chewy, just the perfect texture for me. I will be making these again often. I am already getting requests from my neighbors.
OUTSTANDING COOKIES, THESE, & I particularly appreciated the nice little chocolate fix I got! Thought about sharing them with my son & DIL, but since the cookies were ready & waiting for all of 24 hours BEFORE they showed up, I'm sorry to say there were none left for the poor kids! Ah, well, I'll just have to make more of them, I guess, & hope that this time . . . ! I really enjoyed making these great tasties & will be keeping the recipe on hand ~ Many thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]