Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is a recipe I adapted so heavily off the original that it became my own. Delicious! Note- The preparation time does NOT include the time it takes to peel and cut up the apples!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs apples, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces or 3 large apples
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons milk (approximately)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray a 10-inch tube pan with non-stick spray (or grease and flour).
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, 2 tsp cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, cream together the coconut oil, canola oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Fold in the apples by hand.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over the cake batter.
- Bake in prepared oven an hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan on a rack for at least 15 minutes, then turn out on the rack and cool completely.
- Move the cake to serving dish. Mix together the powdered sugar with enough milk to make it a thick drizzling consistency and stir in the vanilla. Drizzle over cooled cake.