Peacemaking Rebel's Note:
Apple Cider Reduction with a splash of Balsamic Vinegar Recipe inspired by Chris Fennimore from WQED cooks. This is awesome with roasted brussel sprouts and is now the only way I will eat sprouts.... for carnivores it works well for basting a pork tenderloin. I'm sure there are many uses for this easy and delicious recipe. It looks beautiful in the jars on your shelf (wish I had a photo but didn't want to delay posting since cider is on sale this week) Also, when I can I use 4 ounce and 8 ounce jars depending... great for gift giving and inexpensive too. I would just include Sharon123's recipe for roasting sprouts, concerning the sprouts I prefer using something buttery vs. the olive oil when using the Drizzle but honestly either are delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 gallon fresh pressed apple cider (the kind that is not clear and needs to be refrigerated)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional, I entered 1 teaspoon but start with one and add until you are satisfied)
- 1put one gallon of apple cider in crock pot if you don't have time to babysit --.
- 2if using a crock pot you may end up having to leave the lid slightly askew so moisture can escape.
- 3If on the stove bring to a boil then turn down right away to a simmer.
- 4You want to reduce this down to about 1/3. The best way to describe the right consistency is thinner than maple syrup, but if put into the frig it will become loosely gelatinous.
- 5Once the cider has reduced to your liking start adding the balsamic vinegar, I just use a splash, you may like more or less, or you may wish to leave it out all together.
- 6If I'm canning this I strain mine through a jelly bag as I prefer it clear, but if I'm using it straight away I don't bother with this step.
- 7pour into sterile jars and boil water bath for ten minutes.
- 8prep and cooking times are estimates since it depends on your method.
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drizzle
Serving Size: 1 (721 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g