Yum! From Semi-Homemade Cooking, Episode: Drive-In
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended -- McCormick)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce, tomato, avocado
- honey mustard
- 1Set up grill for direct cooking over high heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
- 2In a food processor, combine walnuts, garbanzo beans, bread crumbs, grill seasoning, paprika, pepper flakes, oil and vinegar and pulse until coarsely ground.
- 3In a small bowl whisk egg, add to food processor and pulse for 10 seconds, just enough to incorporate egg. Divide into 4 equal-size parts; roll into balls, and flatten with the palm of your hand into 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- 4Place burgers on oiled grill. Cook 4 minutes per side.
- 5Serve hot on toasted buns with lettuce, tomato, avocado and honey mustard.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drive-In Walnut Burger
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.7
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 425.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: