Recipe by Lil'Sis
From Campbell's recipe collection. You can make this in a crockpot too on a warm/low setting. If you overcook the meat, it turns tougher to bite through.
- 1 (10 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 slices provolone cheese, deli
- 1⁄4 cup pickled banana pepper rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat French onion soup and worcestershire over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.
- Add roast beef slices and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Divide beef among rolls.
- Top beef with cheese slices.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 minutes or until sandwiches are toasted and cheese is melted. You can toast the hoagies before adding the meat. They should be warm on the inside with a toasty outside. Place the meat inside, put into oven, and wait until cheese melts!.
- Top sandwiches with pepper rings.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a beef gravy! And of course a side of fresh vegetables.