Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
i found this on BHG.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms (1-1/2 to 2-inch diameter)
- olive oil
- 8 dried tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- fresh oregano (optional)
- Rinse and drain mushrooms.
- Remove and discard stems.
- Brush mushroom caps with oil.
- Arrange in a shallow baking pan, stem side down.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Drain any liquid.
- Meanwhile, cover tomatoes with boiling water; soak 10 minutes.
- Drain; coarsely chop.
- Combine tomatoes, ricotta cheese, spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Turn caps stem side up; fill each with ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over tops.
- (Mushrooms can now be covered and chilled overnight.) Bake filled caps in a 450 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
- Garnish with fresh oregano leaves, if desired.