Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I quite like the addition of dried fruit in a bread loaf and experimented last night with some dried fruit I had handy. Feel free to alter the amount of dried fruit according to your tastes, though I liked the subtle flavour of this loaf especially toasted with butter.
- 2 tablespoons dried strawberries
- 2 tablespoons prunes
- 1 tablespoon candied orange peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 teaspoon linseeds (optional)
- 8 g yeast
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- Chop the dried strawberries and prunes.
- Add the ingredients to the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. (In my machine I put the water, oil, honey and salt first and then the flour, oats, and linseed.).
- Use the basic three hour setting.
- Add the dried strawberries, prunes and candied orange peel at the beep.