Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Always inspired by what I see and read, TRUE! Never made risotto before, but now I can say I did too! Granted is not the "traditional" way of making risotto, but this worked for me! Hope you enjoy my recipe! SOURCE: What's On The List? http://whatsonthelist.wordpress.com/2012/12/26/dreamy-creamy-porchini-and-mushroom-risotto/
- 100 g arborio rice
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 15 g dried porcini mushrooms, rehydrated**
- 15 g dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated***
- 150 ml white wine
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 100 ml shiitake mushroom water
- 50 g parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 pinch sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 tablespoon garlic paste
- 90 ml cream
- Rehydrate the mushrooms.
- Heat pan, add olive oil. Sauté red unions and mushrooms in oil.
- Add washed rice and garlic and garlic paste.
- Add wine, chicken stock, shiitake mushroom water and salt.
- Cook S-L-O-W-L-Y until rice is cooked (12-14 minutes); stirring frequently.
- Add cream and cheese, season and ENJOY!
- NOTE: If the sauce is too thick, can always add more chicken stock or wine.