Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can cover and chill baked tart for up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temp for 30 minutes before serving.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) packagerolled refrigerator pie crusts, unbaked
- 12 ounces dried pears, or, apples, cut into strips
- 12 ounces pear nectar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 450°F Let piecrust stand stand at room temp according to package directions. Unroll piecrust. Ease into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim pastry even with rim of pan. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven, reduce heat to 375F, and set the pastry aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine dry fruit and nectar. Brint to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in 2 T brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until it thickens. Spoon into crust, spreading evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the rolled oats, 1/2 brown sugar, and salt. Cut in 1/3 C butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pear mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate. Cool completely and drizzle with ice cream topping.