Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a Jamie Oliver recipe. He recommends using all kinds of dried fruit, including apricots, plums, peaches, pineapple and apples. The quantity is a guess. It totally depends on how big you make the fruitgums.
- Put the dried fruit in a food processor and whiz until it becomes a smooth purée.
- Scoop onto some greased wax paper and then use a palette kinife to spread it into a square, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Slide the paper, with the fruit on top, onto a baking tray and bake at 150 F or 70 C overnight.
- If you are in a hurry, you can do it for a couple of hours at 300 F or 160 C.
- The fruit should be soft but firm when it's done.
- Peel off the waxed paper and slice the fruit into bite-sized pieces.
- You can also use cookie cutters to make different shapes.
- Store in an airtight jar.