Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just a start-up type of recipe. Use your own ideas to change or enhance.
Make and share this Dried Fruit Truffles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups dried pitted prunes (also called plums)
- 1 cup dried pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons almonds, ground
- Process prunes & dates in food processor.
- Shape into 1 inch balls
- Roll some in cocoa powder, some in crumbs & some in almonds.
- Place on wax paper.
- Can be stored up to 3 weeks in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Very healthy and so tasty! I rolled some in carob powder, ground almonds and coconut. Thank you for posting! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
These are really pretty! I think they would make a great healthy-choice addition (which is not so obviously healthy)to a cookie tray. They are also great for a light dessert or snack. Taste, texture and appearance wise it would be difficult to guess they are as healthy as they are. I really like that these have no added sugar (except for the ones rolled in the graham cracker) I really like dates but wouldn't dream of eating prunes as is, yet the flavors combine in this recipe into a sweet taste and great texture. My favorites were the ones rolled in cocoa. A great recipe I will make again! Thanks Happy Harry!!