Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from Food Network Canada with slight adjustments.
- 1 (375 g) package rotini noodles
- 1 cup swiss cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, optional
- 1 unpeeled apple, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped raw Baby Spinach or 1⁄4 cup romain lettuce
- of fresh mint (to garnish) (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- In a saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Combine pasta, apricots, dates, almonds, apples, spinach and Swiss cheese. Add vinaigrette to the pasta salad and mix well.
- Serve garnished with fresh mint if desired.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together in a bowl orange juice, olive oil, rice vinegar, orange zest and honey.
Made this recipe pretty much as given, although I did leave out the optional mint AND was a bit generous with the orange zest! Absolutely loved the pasta in combination with the cheese & fruits! Very, very refreshing, & Will certainly be making it again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]